Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Saturday Rituals

I forgot something in my Saturday post.  This is one of the many downfalls of not having my internet service like I once had.  I used to just realize I needed to write something, and then I'd blog it.  Now I have to make myself a note, including all the clever things I want to say.  Frustration.  Saturday when we got up, Mabel had started cleaning downstairs, and who came in but the cleaning lady!  She is supposed to come every Friday and Saturday.  Why two days together I don't know.  Maybe because those are the mornings Mabel could be there.  I don't know.  Anyway, Mabel's schedule changed, so we decided on Saturday only.  (By the way, I'm TOTALLY investing in a cleaning lady when I get back!)  We went to Mazatlán and then the next week she didn't come, so we assumed she was donecakes.  Turns out she just had a conflict and has no cell phone (or landline I guess).  So we're back on.  I'm glad.  I'm to the point now where I actually live there.  I feel like Mabel and I are friends and not just roommates.  And I should now be contributing to the cleaning.  Thank goodness she came back!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How much to do you think they cost? I would love to find one myself. Do you think I could find a helper-all like the Brady Bunch?

Unknown said...

I'm totally game for that!