Friday, September 5, 2008

PTO

I'm going to try smaller snippets of stories....we'll see if that works!
Yesterday, I got to school at 8 even though it was an 8:50 day, to help the principal.  He had some sort of meeting with parents.  The secretary/computer teacher, Sandra (SSSSON-drrrah), is still teaching 4th grade as their in-a-wreck- teacher has yet to show up, present Dr.'s note, etc.  Can anyone say fired?  Sandra usually helps with these meetings, but as she had previous plans to cover 4th grade, the second grade teacher helped, and I just went to 2nd grade at 8 instead of at 8:50.  This was nice: to have a break after one class and then have another.
At any rate, when I came back into the teachers' room to have my break, the moms were still there.  Apparently it was the equivalent of a PTO meeting.  The principal had me say some things about myself, etc.  Then they left.  In came another woman and I heard him ask her why she came after all the others left.  Could've sworn I heard him say she was the Prsident.  Who knows what I hear anymore!  She said she didn't like being with them because they talked to much.  He did whatever business with her that she had come to do, then introduced me and left.  She stayed and talked to me lots lots lots.  She told me that the area where I am in very impoverished and socioeconomically low.  I guess the socio-word seems big because she asked if I knew the word.  Little does she know it's a cognate!
She said that she "was not like them" and didn't want to be in on the same meeting as them.  She came to directly talk to the principal and to me.
Nothing to be learned from this story.  Just telling it to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"snippets" of the day - great idea! MOM