Friday, September 19, 2008

Gracious

Mentioning in my previous blog that the teacher graciously took our picture reminded me of a funny story that many of you may not know.  Those of you who do know it, don't need the specifics...
There was a time in my past, when I received a gift from someone in the education system as a random act of kindness.  Only this person was rarely (well, maybe never if we're talking about authentic kindness) kind to me, so maybe that's a misnomer.  At any rate, it was the winter season, but not yet Christmas or close enough for Christmas gifts.
One morning, this person waltzed into my school and sauntered up to me with a larger than life grin belonging only to politicians and handed me a pack of notecards.  (I often pick these notecards up at Michael's because they're a dollar.  That's ten pesos.)  They're unwrapped and green with the word "Gracious" written in white.  Said politician says, "I thought of you when I saw these, since you're the Spanish teacher and all," followed by a trademark wink and forearm pat.
I appropriately held my laughter until the exit had been executed.  Then I ran to my computer to tell Bewley (who loves this story to this day, three years later and I imagine will to her grave) and ran upstairs to tell Megan.  There is absolutely no point to this entry, but I was reminded of this story and it always makes me laugh!

No comments: