Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Beep beep beep

That is usually my wake up call.  This morning, I awoke to the sound that I love: rain falling on a nearby roof.  The roof to the back porch is just below my window.  At 6ish this morning, I heard the storm.  Had I been in Nashville, I would've slept soundly until my alarm went off.  Had I been working in Yuri's school, I would've been rejoicing that there was no school for the rain day!  Since I'm in Culiacan, in another school, I was annoyed that I was awakened, and I was pestered that I couldn't go back to sleep for thinking about walking to the bus in the rain.
Thankfully, by the time I walked out the door, it sounded worse than it was.  It was a mere sprinkle.  My six dollar umbrella from the Nashville Walmart has turned out to be useless, so I went with the outer shell of my Columbia coat as my rain jacket.  The rest is history, except there were major absences from school today due to the rain.  Also, recreo was limited to the actual 30 minutes set aside for it.  
It's the rainy season, so I guess I should have been prepared for a dreary morning now and then.  Apparently there is a storm somewhere near and they're calling for rain for three days.  Ugh.

No comments: