Monday, September 15, 2008

I wub you, Wa Wa


After a ridiculous journey (details to come after I arrive back in Culiacan tomorrow), I got to see my Turner around 3pm on Saturday.  I was schedule to arrive at 10am.  Apparently not all bus drivers are in it to get you there on time.  Amanda spent most of her day driving to look for me (first at the bus stop, then at the border, where she came since I had already waited over an hour and had goodness knows how much longer), so Sunday, I spent most of my time with Turner so she could get some work done (that she had planned on finishing on Saturday).  Today, he and I were both a bit sleepy (visiting can wear a person out!), but I'm not going to blame his sweetness on being tired.  It is sometimes a catalyst for extra sweet nothings, but we'll just say he's sweet.  The morning started when he asked me if my bus was coming tonight.  And then he asked me why I had to get on my bus.  Why I couldn't stay.  That he loved it when I was here.  I agreed.  And promptly started crying.
Later, I can't remember what we were doing, but we were involved in something and there was not much discussion.  All of a sudden, he says, "I wub you Wa Wa."  "I love you too, Turner."  "But I don't wike it when you weabe."  "Me neither buddy."  And tears.  Then when he said it, and now as I relive it.  I always love it when I tell him how much I love him (to Tucson) and he counters with an equal or bigger amount (I wub you to Nashbille, and now Mexico, and back).  But this unprompted wub was just what I needed.
I'm excited to get back to see what's going on with my school (will explain tomorrow what I mean by that), but I now realize how excited I will be to be home at Christmas.
I wub you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We wub you too WaWa MOM