Monday, September 29, 2008

Ana Luisa

She's the woman who picked me up at the airport with Mabel and she's a supervisor of some sort.  She lived in Chicago for 6 years teaching Spanish.  She's great.  Her daughter is the one we heard sing in Altata that second weekend I was here.
She came to school today.  I was just starting third grade (my challenge, mostly because of their size, but also because they give my class a run for our money) and she walked in.  I was happy to see her because it's been awhile.  She said she had meant to arrive during recess, but it had just ended, so she was quick.  She wanted to get on the same page about Casa Achoy.  It turns out they're not paying me.  So she didn't want me to go and get sucked in to working for free.  I told her no problem.
At the end of the day, I had a text from Marielos (director of the program) asking who had told me I'd get paid.  I told her I must've been confused and to let me know when she knew something and that I'd start then.  
Then I had an email from Maribel (enlace) telling me we'd had a misunderstanding (ya think?) and that she was looking into it for me.
So it looks like my afternoons are free again.
I'm looking into a Pilates or Zumba class.  We'll see what the verdict is.  As usual, you will be the first to know!

No comments: