Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Morning ride

This morning, I was so glad to sleep through the rain until 7:20. I mean, when they say rainy season, they´re not messin´around! I went to bed around 8 last night and I think I napped a bit until about 10 when I woke up, put on my mask, and got down to serious sleeping! I got up, ate a good breakfast (good meaning filling) of eggs and salchicha (hot dogs) and a bit of papaya. At 8, I moseyed out the door for my walk to the bus stop and I saw Marielos´s brother, Jose Ricardo, coming out of his door and locking up for the morning commute.  I was passing his house and shouted my Buenos Dias.  He waved and asked me what time I had to be at school and did I want a ride.  Of course, this meant that I would arrive about 30 minutes early instead of 10, but I said yes, as to not be rude...  We went what seemed the long way to school with semi-faltering air conditioning.
I got to school early, and thankfully had not much to do (since it stresses me out, not that I didn't have the time!), so I got my Coca Light and hung out in the teachers' room.  The first grade teacher who is so helpful had called in sick, so her class did not come today.  I found this out at the Coca Light store when I saw Victor, the cute one who is CONSTANTLY out of his seat!  I asked him why he was at the store instead of at school and his mom (the storekeeper) told me that the teacher was sick.  Welcome to Mexico!

No comments: