Monday, September 22, 2008

CosalA part dos

So Sunday morning, promptly at 8:00, Mabel hops out of bed shouting, "It's 8; let's go!"  I was NOT happy with her pep.  The others, there were 7 of them, left the night before and went to some other house.  I think one of the girls had some connection from work or something.  I don't really know where they went, nor do I care!  All I know is we were up at 8 getting ready, and they were not at the house until 10, when everyone decided we were hungry.  At 10:30 we made our way out of the house on foot to find some breakfast.  We walked through the town and found a quaint little restaurant whose name escapes me at the moment.  We went in and got a table for 12 and ordered (the second picture is the view of the town from my seat at breakfast).  Not knowing when my next meal would be, I bypassed the fruit plate for a ham and cheese omelette (Spanish spelling).  It came with beans, and we were served tortillas.  These tortillas were blue (they called them black tortillas, but blue is a more accurate description).  They must be where the blue tortilla chips come from...  
I chased my omelet with a glass of horchata.  When we all finished, we walked down to the cash register and told what we had and then paid.  Such an easy system for making separate checks.  I hate it when waiters make a big deal about a group being on separate checks.  As soon as we got outside, a man on his bike-store was selling nieves, or ice creams.  It was vanilla, but I was told it was delicious and I must get one.  They offered to share theirs, but I'm not a dairy sharer (unless it's Turner and of course what's mine is his and vice versa-all rules go out the window for my favorite little guy), so I bought one.  The man put strawberry jelly on top (he called it jelly- it was more of a sauce) and I have to admit it was pretty good.  I was too full to eat it, but I managed.
From there, we walked around some more, took some pictures and headed back to the house for clean-up, pack-up and trip to the waterfall.  I ran into the little blue store seen here to buy a Coca Light and a bottle of water.  It was 19 pesos, so I paid with my twenty, got my peso back and met up with everyone at the house.  Later, when the guys went to get some water, they came running for me.  The woman at the store said I had paid with a 200 bill and she needed to give me my change.  I could've SWORN I had given my 20, but once I thought about it, I had used that for my nieve.  
I don't know WHAT happened, but I was glad to get my change.  They all thought I was a moron.
We got in the cars, this time, American style with each person in his/her own seat.  We got to the waterfall and pad the 10 peso entry fee.  I paid for our whole truck (5).  Mabel and I parked outside and we all rode together from that point because the road was bumpy and easier in a truck.
We got there, went up the waterfall and had a great time.  There are some pictures to document the fun.  I was very thankful for my chacos during this trip!  We bought some quesadillas at the bottom of the waterfall and were on our way by 3:30.  
Our ride back included zero stops!  We took the "libre" and it was much faster.  We walked in the door at 6 on the dot.  I was happy to hear that not only had my Titans won, but that the defense kicked some tail!
Since I am currently watching Monday night football (just background noise as it's the Jets and "Thunder" as Maria called the Chargers last year), I am pumped to realize I'll get to watch the Colts game.  I'm hoping for another Manning loss...
The weekend was so fun and I'm glad I went.  There are times here that I think, "what have I done?  This is so awkward or boring or something."  
But then, within the day, it turns out to be so much fun.  This trip already has opened my mind to moving to another city in the US, or traveling abroad to teach English somewhere else.  This whole life as an adventure thing is pretty cool!








  


















No comments: