Monday, September 8, 2008

Church

Yesterday, as I was catching up on sleep, making lesson plans, and updating my blog, I had given up hope on Yuri's church.  Her aunt Carmen had assured me she would accompany me at the  5:00 service (wouldn't want her to miss her service at her church) sometime.  I hadn't called her on Saturday, and I figured calling at 12 on Sunday for a 5pm service was poor form, so I figured I'd try another Sunday.  At 4:40, she called me and asked me if I were ready and still wanted to go.  So I put on my jeans and we went.  We were 35 minutes late for the service by the time she got here by bus and then we got there.  Since we missed the beginning, that was most of the singing.  They sang some more at the end, but that's a big part of my church experience, so who knows.  Good news: it's VERY close.  More good news: they have services at 10 and 12 as well.  Bad news: Chris Smith is not the preacher.  There's a different preacher at each service.  I didn't dislike this guy, but I did have a hard time following him.  I think I'll try an earlier service next time.  Apparently the first two services are practically standing room only.  This one had plenty of empty seats.  That may make a difference.
Will let you know.

No comments: