Friday, September 19, 2008

Bus Stop

When I walked out of school today, there were army guys everywhere.  Their tank was in the spot where my bus stops, so I was unsure of what to do.  I wasn't down for hanging with the army guys with guns when I wasn't sure why they were there.  I took my camera today to document the clothing lesson in fourth grade, so I whipped it out to take a picture of the countryside view from my school.  I realized that in the shot were the soldiers; unsure of how they would handle a gringa taking their picture, I quickly put it away!  I saw the bus pass the stop and had all these thoughts of having to walk home or getting lost or getting a ride.  Luckily, the bus just drove to the next street, turned around, and came back for me.
I've seen these guys all through town at various times.  I'm not certain of their role except to look scary to this girl!  They were concentrated around my school, though, and I saw several more groups of them on the way home.  They appeared to be just hanging out in the street.  Who knows.

No comments: