Tuesday, February 24, 2009

To the Movies!

Imelda had called me at some point early in the week to tell me the girls would be going to the movies on Wednesday after their classes (the previous Wednesday had been the circus, which leads me to believe that they try to do something every Wednesday). Of course I was interested. The options were to meet them at a super close to the theater where they were going (And I of course had no idea where that was or how to get there!), or to meet them at their school again. By this time, I was really good at this bus route and just decided to go with what I knew.
I got to the school right “on time” at 5. Tania ended her classes at 5 and Imelda was going to meet us there, too. We ended up hanging at the school until 5:30 or after discussing what they’d teach on Saturday (they all work on Saturdays for a children’s English program) for Valentine’s Day. This time, there were four of us again, but it was Tania, Imelda, and a girl named Pati who backed out of the circus the week before.
The four of us made our way to Tania’s car and drove to the theater. Tania ended up paying my ticket, which was only 31 pesos, and I would end up buying something for her later in the week. Here is another marked difference in “here and there.” We left from the school with the idea that we wanted to see a movie. We didn’t know what time or which movie. Obviously in Nashville, we would decide the movie first, rally the troops, and then see what times and in which theaters it was playing. We would make our plan and all show up in time for the show.
We left the school, got to the theater, looked at the list, and decided on a movie (My best friend’s girl or something along those lines). It had already started, but only by a few minutes. We got into the theater part and decided on food. Then we went to the bathroom. And on. And on. I kept checking my watch as if that would pause the movie.
Finally we got into the theater and it was a nice theater. I was content with my $2.25 movie that I hadn’t paid for! The movie was not exactly what I was looking for. But it was in English with Spanish subtitles. It will not be on my top ten list, but it was definitely a fun outing.
From there, we went to the nearby La Lomita (the Catholic church with the view of the city) to hang and chat some more. It was windy and I was in short sleeves. I was also sleepy from the weekend with Ashley plus the early departure the day before. After several yawns from all of us, we called it a night and Tania took me home.
I love that these girls are always up for something. And that I’m always invited.

No comments: