Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sunday

I didn’t want to be the high maintenance gringa (I try never to play this role, even at home), so I listened attentively while trying to sleep starting around 9am. At 10 I heard enough rustling around that I decided to get up. Tania was still asleep, but I was awake enough to stay up. We started breakfast (omelets with chorizo-delish). We woke Tania up and made the plan for the day. We would all get showers. The original plan had been to go to the beach. Then it changed to the aquarium. The final decision was Rock Island and then the beach. Since I had my superbowl party, I would be heading back by bus between 1 and 2. I wasn’t sure when the buses ran, but I thought they were every hour. After heating the water, and taking turns for showers, we weren’t all ready until after 12. We discussed plans for later in the week: movies on Wednesday, the circus at some point, maybe something on the weekend after Ashley got here. I was excited to be making plans with my new friends.
At about 12:30, we loaded the car with my luggage and them with their beach stuff. They took me to the bus station and I got there just in time to buy a 1:00 ticket and run to the bus.

No comments: