Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Phone Call

I don’t know why I was tired but I felt the need for a nap this afternoon (Tuesday). Not the wonderful kind where you sleep for hours on end, but the kind where you fall in and out of a daze while the tv is on. Well, the nap gods wanted no such thing today. Every fifteen minutes I heard my cell phone. Mostly it was texts. But around 3, I got a phone call from Rocio, the director of the State’s English program. She was the first English teacher at my school. She was calling because there is a couple interested in English lessons from a native. They are friends of hers, so she wanted to call me and clear it with me first. Then she wanted to let me know they were good people and I could trust them, etc. It’ll be interesting to see if anything comes from this. This weekend they’re going to Las Vegas for some sales something or other and wanted my help with some pronunciation. I wish they wanted my help with travels!
The other exciting part of the conversation was that she said I was sounding more and more Culichi. That my accent had changed. Hallelujah!

No comments: