Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Starbucks

One of my favorite Christmas gifts to give this year was a Starbucks mug from Mexico City. At that point, Mexico City was my favorite place I had visited and I just really thought it was a neat gift. I keep waiting for the Culiacán store to have mugs that say Culiacán, but I probably shouldn’t hold my breath on that one.
Due to the strike, and to my principal’s giving me permission to just stay home on Monday, I walked to Starbucks to get a hot tea and get on the internet. I was there for four hours! I hadn’t had internet since Friday around lunch time and it was just killing me! I felt very out of touch!
The days off are nice. Don’t get me wrong. However, there are many times I just really would like to accomplish something. More than that (here’s the true motive), when you don’t know until the day before, you can’t plan something cool to do with your time. So Friday and Monday were great to have off. But essentially it meant very long and quiet days. If I were a thumb twiddler (no need for thumb jokes here), I would’ve had two days full of twiddling.

No comments: