Saturday, February 28, 2009

Running Errands.

Tuesday we had a plan.  Alma had slept the morning (and day) away every day since I had moved in, so she said at 10 on Tuesday, we would get going.  That we did.  We first drove around to find the path of my buses and where they would connect with Canal Tres.  It turns out it won't be that difficult.  And my coming home connector will drop me off a block from the English office.  That will be convenient!  
After we figured out each route, we ran by the bank to pay for my Spanish classes that will start March 9, just in time for me to go to one week of class before missing another week for mom's visit!  I don't mind!
All that running around (ha!) wore us out, so we headed home to chill before we were supposed to go accessory shopping with Mayra for her wedding stuff.  She ended up never calling, so we ended up napping!  It was an accident for both of us, but I think it was needed.
Tuesday was another day off, so we each did nothing most of the day.  At night, I walked to yoga (I hadn't walked to yoga yet, so I wanted to make sure it was as easy as I thought!) and had a GREAT class!  The most exciting part of class was tree pose, where you hold one foot perched on the opposite thigh.  Eventually, you try to let go, bend over to the floor and touch with both hands before balancing on the one ball of your foot.  You basically look like you're sitting Indian style propped up on one foot.  I DID IT!  I have always been too scared to try it because it's not a great one for people with bad knees.  However, I wanted the hamstring stretch, so I was going to just do that first half.  I ended up doing it all!  I was SO excited!
When I got home from yoga, Alma told me that we were going to try Slumdog again.  I got all cleaned up, but this time, I put on my pjs, knowing that after the movie was over, I needed to be ready for bed.  After all, the next day was a school day!  
The same crowd watched the movie on a different DVD player.  It was really good.  I had only heard rave reviews, so I was afraid my expectations were up too high.  I do think maybe the Academy got a little carried away, but I did enjoy it.  
I made sure that the night wasn't going to last until 2 am again.  I think I was in bed and fast asleep by 11:45 (with my wretched alarm set for 7 am).

No comments: