Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fun fact.

I now have a dog!  I live with a giant dog and I'm sure some of you "dog people" will know what kind it is.  His name, though it doesn't really suit him, is Vaso de Leche (glass of milk, or milk glass, I suppose).  His nickname, though, like all Mexicans have, is Vasito.  Vasito is his own man that's for sure.  He is very loving and just chills most of the time.  He never met a stranger, and he doesn't bite or bark.  Here he is, just sitting in my room.  He followed me up one day and just lay down for awhile.  You know he's special if I let him!  As the weather gets hotter, apparently he will get a summer shave.  Alma's mom says he kind of loses some of his personality with the haircut.  He's a proud dog, and very stubborn.  Because there are no leash laws here (or if there are, they are not followed!), Vasito just comes and goes as he pleases.  There is a front gate to the house, but if he wants out, he just goes when someone leaves or arrives.  His size, though is enough to scare people who don't know him.
I don't love him yet, but he's pretty likable.  

No comments: