Saturday, November 29, 2008

Winter Wonderland

Being in Mexico, music is more important than ever.  I was never an iPod maniac in the US, but I really put mine to good use here.  I listen to it on the bus or on trips.  I have downloaded several Spanish songs that are popular here right now.  In the touch of a button, I can feel like I'm in Nashville, or I can prepare my brain for Spanish speaking.
iTunes has an amazing feature of a free song each week.  You know I take advantage of that sucker!
This week was Tony Bennett's Winter Wonderland.  I just listened to it to get in the Christmas mood; it's hard to get in that mood with spaghetti straps on.  Mind you, in Nashville, I'm a bit of a scrooge.  I love Christmas.  I love making my list to give to Grandmother, but more so I love making my list of what I'll buy for my friends and family...  I love wrapping and decorating (my Christmas wreath stays up well past Valentine's Day!).  
I do not love Christmas Carols.  They are reserved, in my mind, for Mom's house on Christmas Eve when the Thurmans are over.  They are not meant for the malls, the radio, and definitely not for before December 1.
However, I enjoyed listening to Tony this morning.  I don't plan on hearing his voice daily, or even weekly, but it was fun getting in the mood.  I've assembled both Christmas lists (what to ask for and what to buy) and I've made progress on my purchases.  Maybe I'll knock a little more out today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Post your iTunes iMix on your blog! Mine is posted at Casa Gregorio. I would love to know which Spanish songs you are listening to right now. Saludos, Gregorio