Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wednesday

I don’t remember that Wednesday’s classes were good or bad. They must’ve been average. I do remember, however, that we signed another circulating announcement paper that we were meeting on Thursday morning at 8 to discuss midterm grades and planning. I signed and asked Sandra if we were having classes. She and the 6th grade teacher (still don’t know her name!) said no, not Thursday or Friday. They asked me if I had plans. I told them I had originally planned on going to Tucson when I thought I’d have Friday and Monday off, but that just Friday could not justify that long trip. They told me there was no reason for me to be there at the meeting since I don’t have midterm grades. I agreed, figuring most other English teachers didn’t attend their school-wide planning sessions since they were almost all part-time at several schools. Sandra told me there was no reason to talk to the principal about it. I didn’t.
I headed home, showered, packed and hit the road.
At 6, my bus left Culiacán with three official stops (the kind that drop off and pick up passengers) and many county/city/I don’t know customs checks. Going north is just kind of a headache.
By 3am, we had had the last of our get off the bus stops and I was sleeping soundly. Promptly at 8am, we pulled into the bus station in Nogales, Mexico. I grabbed a taxi and headed to the foot border. I stood in line for 15 minutes and texted Andy letting him know I was there and would be at the McDonald’s in 20 minutes or so. He texted back that he was on his way.

No comments: