Friday, November 21, 2008

Ruins, ruins, and more ruins.



***I'm going to go ahead and apologize that the pictures are SCREWED up in this entry.  I have tried to fix them, but I figure even if they're off center and weird, at least they're there!

After we left the tequila outlet, we journeyed on to the ruins.  Comexus paid our entry, but teachers got in free (or at least reduced...we're a week out here; memory is not serving so well, not to mention Turner is jumping around singing Winnie the Pooh songs as I type) with an appropriate ID.  I, of course, don't even have an appropriate ID in the US.  Jen, though, had asked for an official ID from her school in Jilotepec (population: 4) and got one, so she got a free or reduced entry, saving Comexus a few bucks.We left the van in the parking lot and took our tour with our guide (I have already forgotten her name, shame on me!).  We walked through several layers of the ruins and came out in the middle, seeing the pyramid of the sun and the pyramid of the moon.  We had about an hour and could do both if we wanted, but I figured just hit the big one.
Off we went.  It was tough, I'll admit.  It didn't seem all that huge to me.  Then I started climbing.
It was refreshing, though to do actual physical activity since it had been so long (last yoga class was before Cozumel in October)!  We took our pictures, hung out with the breeze and the good aura, and then made our way to lunch at La Gruta.  It was in a cave and it was a fantastic meal.  
We were given two options: plato mexicano or plato something else.  
We all chose the plato mexicano except for the vegetarians in the house who chose enchiladas or something else.  The food was delicious as usual and filling.  And then they came out with the flan.  We had had flan at every get together so when they offered up chocolate cake to those who weren't interested in flan, five hands went up.  They were overwhelmed, but let us know that there were only three pieces.  We dealt with it and said we'd share.  
They came out with what seemed like molten lava cake with a raspberry sauce (I was in heaven and thankful to have to share it since I was full).  The flan came to the table and was of a cheesecake texture.  I was almost regretful that I had passed it up, but decided to be grateful for my chocolate fix.
From there, we bused back to Casa González and all got our stuff in order.  
Almost everyone was headed to Kate's house for the weekend.  Shawna was hanging at Chez González until her friend (who used to live in Phoenix who was now in DF) came to pick her up and I was waiting for Shania's cousin Ricardo to come pick me up.  More on that in the next...

No comments: