Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Scorpions

At some point during the day on Sunday, I had seen what I thought to be a scorpion on my ceiling. It could have been a spider, but it had six legs that seemed to match up and then either a scorpion tail or a spider leg that was missing its pair coming out its backside. Each trip to my room on Sunday (from my shower, to get my computer for the Titans results, to put my computer away, to get my blanket to play psicólogo), I checked to see if it was still there. It was. By evening, it was getting to me, so I did some research. Since they’re nocturnal creatures, I got a bit more worried. It had not moved all day. It was in the exact same place it had been the time before each time I checked. However, upon realizing it would come out at night, I got a tiny bit worried that it might explore the room at dark. When I finally called it a night (I was not the earliest on Sunday!), I got ready for bed and tried my best to ignore the miniature beast on my ceiling. I brushed my teeth and tucked myself away, but I kept imagining a bed visitor in the middle of the night…
I got up, went downstairs and asked if any of the tough guys were in the mood to come kill something. Beto came and took care of it and the small spider at its side.
Phew.

No comments: