Sunday, November 30, 2008

At long last, I found my husband!

After the Raspacho, I decided to head to walmart.  There were a few things I still wanted for my room, including a lamp to get rid of the Blair Witch feeling when I video call.
In all of Wal-mart, no lamps.  Weird.  And not a lot of help either.  I asked several people and they said possibly where the lightbulbs are, but they looked at me like I was crazy for asking for help!  I had scoured the lightbulb section, so I left lampless.
I did, however, find my husband.
When I conveniently have internet service at the house, sometimes I have to sit "just so" to make the signal stronger.  I have battled with using my laundry basket as a (too-high) desk.  I have sat on the staircase sweating to get a few emails or chats sent.  But typically, I'm sitting on my bed with my Tempur-pedic pillow as a back support.  Any of you with Tempur-pedics know that they form to your head when you sleep.  Obviously the same happens as a back support.  My pillow continues forming itself to both me and the iron rods behind me that serve as my headboard.  Eventually I'm pressed up against the rods and have a serious aching in my back, not to mention a strain in my neck from the angle of my laptop and sensitive abs from trying to hold everything in the right position (though the ab "exercise" is doing me no good physically!).
I have thought since I got here that I needed a pillow to use on my bed much like the one I have at home: the kind that has "arms" and you rest up against a wall or headboard for support while sitting.
When I was a freshman at Lipscomb, I met some girls early on who had completely coordinated their dorm room.  They were a random match (meaning they didn't know each other before), but were perfectly suited and had gone to great lengths to have a cute room.  On their beds were these pillows, matching or coordinating, I don't remember.  At any rate, they are the ones who first introduced me to the term husband for these pillows.  
So I found my husband, light brown and 150 pesos (less than 15 bucks thanks to the exchange rate!) at Walmart.  I am a much happier blogger these days (when I have service!).

No comments: