Friday, November 28, 2008

Driving to and from school

Based on last night at Forum (again, the anticipation!), I was a little scared to take the car out this morning.  But I did it anyway.  That's why Mabel left it for me.  If she hadn't wanted me to use it, she wouldn't have offered, and would've left it at her dad's house.
I enjoyed driving to school, though my route was much more direct than the bus (I had to think about where I was and which way to turn).  Morning traffic is not my favorite, and I don't know if I'd want to drive to school everyday, but I did enjoy it.
As I was pulling up to school, there were no parking spaces so I parked on the street and prayed the car would be there at 12:30.  There were kids everywhere even though it was 8:30.  There was a parents' meeting for 2nd grade, so the kids were all about unsupervised.
Coming home, I really enjoyed just getting in the car and driving to the mall.  It was faster and quieter, though I got caught up in some u-turn situations.  I was thinking as I was driving how I would feel more like I lived here if I had a car.  I by no means need one, with Mabel driving me hither and yon and with a growing knowledge of the bus system, but since the bus is something I never do in Nashville, it emphasizes that I am not here forever-that this is not my life.
It felt good to just get in my car and drive home (or to the mall), like I do in Nashville.
The car behaved, by the way.

No comments: