Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wake up call

I finally got into a groove of sleeping around 3 I think, and by 4 we were in Mochis, where the majority of the bus got off. The woman next to me got up and went to an empty row. I stretched out and slept soundly from 4 until 6:30 when we pulled into the central de autobuses in Culiacán. There are so many buses that go to downtown, so I could’ve taken any of them. There was one that I wanted to try because I wouldn’t have to transfer to get to my house, but I forgot that at such a wretched hour. I got on one that I’ve never been on before, but I asked if it were going to the centro. It was. I could easily find Canal 3 from there. Ha!
We long passed the centro when the man next to me asked where the centro was. Everyone on the bus told him to get off and walk that way. I followed. Luckily I was only one street over from Canal 3’s route and I’m directionally savvy enough these days to figure it all out. Of course, I didn’t arrive home until 7:30 and could’ve been there closer to 7 if I had played my cards right.
Oh well.

No comments: