Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Border Patrol

I was less annoyed by the border people on foot. I’m not sure if the lady was kinder, or if I was too tired to see straight. She asked me where I had come from and how long the trip was. Then she smiled and waved me on through.

I made my way to McDonald’s, passing several taxis and shuttles to Tucson. I could’ve done that. They looked a wee bit shady by US standards, but I’m a Mexican now, and they looked like any other transportation.
I got to McD’s and saw the “Wireless Internet” sign in the window. I plopped my stuff down on a table and ordered a hashbrown and diet coke. They do cancel each other out!
I asked if there was a code for internet and the woman told me in Spanish that there was no internet. I swallowed the gringa that wanted to come out at 8am and ask why in the world they advertised it if they couldn’t produce. But I kept that inside. Is at down and enjoyed my junk and waited on Andy. I saw him roll around the corner and I could see a tiny body in the back. That surprised me. Pleasantly.

No comments: