Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sunday

Sunday was relatively uneventful.  Mabel needed lots of sleep.  The girl never sleeps past 9, even on the weekends, but on Sunday she slept until well past 2!  I think the combination of the trip to Tucson the week before and tequila made for a sleepy night/morning/afternoon!
I did my own thing- cleaning, eating, reading, etc.
There was a prayer meeting for the whole city at the stadium that is literally next door to me, so I thought I'd check it out.  It was a bit large for my taste and I had gone alone, so I listened to a song or two and peaced out.
While I was gone, Mabel went to pick up Cosette and they bought a Christmas tree.  Mexicans know how to sell a Christmas tree.  I have no idea how much she paid, but I know that they never have to deal with getting it into the stand straight!  You buy your tree pre-nailed to a criss-crossed, plywood "x" underneath it.
She bought all new ornaments and lights, which seems expensive to me since I know she had a tree last year.  I think that falls in line with their spending habits: what you need when you need it, no matter the cost.

No comments: