Monday, December 1, 2008

Putting the pieces together...

Cosette's loot

Cosette racked up for sure on the Tucson trip.  When Mabel went to pick her up from her grandparents' house, she had set out her gifts for her (the toys that she got have all been left at Papá's house until Christmas).  There were three pairs of comfy pants and a pari of sparkly jeans.  Three t-shirts (Hannah Montana and High School Musical), Hannah Montana shoes, tights, socks of all sorts, a jacket with a furry hood, and a Disney Princess case with all kinds of colored pencils, markers, stamps, etc were also a part of the gift.
She immediately showered and changed into all things new.
I didn't see her for awhile.  
When I went downstairs to heat up my vegetables, Mabel was scouring the house.  I, needless to say, did not clean on Saturday, and I think she hadn't mopped the previous Saturday, so I really should've done something.  Next time.
In walks Cosette with her teddy bear (a free gift from Aeropostale if you spent a certain amount), a bag of churros, and swollen eyes.  She was very visibly sad.
She ran back outside to say goodbye to her dad and I asked Mabel if she always came back sad.  She said yes.  I asked her if she got to see him much.  She said that she had spent the whole weekend with him, but I clarified.  She said that his work (whatever that may be) requires him to travel, so he's gone for three months at a time.  When he's in Culiacán, it may be for several weeks, so she wants to get in as much Dad time as possible.
I still don't have the whole story, but I'm getting more and more of it.


No comments: