Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Shania!!!!

I had a text this morning on my phone.  Have I mentioned that my alarm didn't go off (I had somehow turned it off) and my phone was still set on silent (from meeting with the Secretary), so I didn't hear that alarm either!  Luckily, my body knew it was Tuesday and I woke up at 6:30 on my own.
I realized I had received a text from Alma last night telling me about plans to see Shania tonight.  We were going to Los Arcos (I had no idea what that was at the time) and to tell Mabel if she wanted to come.  I tried to send a text back several times, but it seems to be that time (it's happened once before) where my phone just absolutely will not send a text.  I went to the centro as planned, and then came home and did my home things.  I had a great chat with Megan and it looks like we're going to get projectors installed in our classrooms!  Finally!  That will be a great addition if it happens.
I decided to call Alma, because I hadn't heard anything else from her and I really didn't want to miss a chance to see Shania.  This girl is FUN.
She was in class when I called, but we chatted for the minute that you chat on Mexican phone calls.  I told her I hadn't seen Mabel but wanted to go tonight.  If I heard from Mabel that she didn't want to go, I would call Alma and ask for a ride.  Otherwise, I would just see her there with Mabel.
Mabel didn't come home, and didn't come home, and didn't come home.
Finally, at 7:30, she was home (she'd had a meeting at the University) and she passed on dinner.  Los Arcos is a restaurant she told me.  I called Alma and she said she'd come pick me up.
Off we went and had a ball.It was enlaces, so I knew almost everyone there.  Maribel wasn't there, but Dayana (Ana Luisa's daughter that sings) was and so was Vicky (Shania's good friend that is in charge of the new English program in Kindergarten).  We took a gazillion pictures.  I took some on my camera, but it was set to no flash.  I'll steal some of Shania's off of facebook when she gets them uploaded.  For now, you'll have to be patient.  It's already late and I'll upload m fuzzy ones tomorrow.
Alma had told me on the ride there that we might go to a lucha libre.  That's the WWF type wrestling that I had watched on tv with the boys in DF at Chori's house.  It didn't sound like the most fun, but it is something I need to experience while in Mexico, and it would mean more hanging out with these gals.
More in the next, but tomorrow because I'm beat!

No comments: