Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jingle all the way!

Look at all their precious faces watching me intently!
(It'll never happen again!)



Our singarama ending.



Arcelia and Teacher with our little Santa Angels.


Tuesday was the big day.  The celebration was supposed to start at 8:30, but I knew everyone would be scurrying to decorate and put on the final touches from 8:00 on, so I aimed to be there on time.  I hit my mark.
Teachers and students (on top of tables and ladders) were hanging piñatas and decorating the three Christmas trees that were the backdrop.
My little santa hatted friends were so nervous.  I was nervous, too but tried not to show it!
We got started around 8:30 and went in order through the grades.  I was smart enough this time to pass off my video-capable camera to Ramón (PE) and I kept my big camera for myself until it was show time.  Then I gave it to the special ed. substitute.  The shows were cute.  The kids were all dressed to the nines (according to what they were supposed to wear by class) and most of the girls had some seriously curly hair and adolescent-style makeup!  
My nerves were crazy when it was out turn.  I don't know why.  I had no control over what was about to happen, and should something go awry, no one was going to care!  I had forgotten that at elementary school productions, the moms are the audience, and even in a major failure, the audience is still very proud!
All went well.  I tried to upload videos, but it ain't happenin'.  Maybe another day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are too cute!! Can't wait to see the videos (and you)
Love, MOM