Tuesday, December 2, 2008

2nd grade lunatics

This is the class I've been waiting for, though it was not that bad.  I shouldn't complain (and many of its difficult, bookless students were with the support teacher).
This lesson continued the use of "not" with professions, though it incorporated listening to the CD and writing.  It had some good activities and they performed relatively well.  I'm a sucker, though, for hearing the right answer from a star student and thinking they all get it.
We'll see when test time rolls around probably next week.
I resorted to yelling with them.  At the end, when the recess bell rang, I didn't let them leave.  I made them listen to me tell them how rude they'd been.  I told them that anyone could yell at them to be quiet.  But that I had studied for 7 years to be a teacher and that I was the one they needed to listen to.  I hadn't studied that long to stand in front of them and yell.  I think they were humbled a little, and I certainly felt better.

No comments: