Thursday, December 4, 2008

It looks more like Navidad!

I think I have posted that I'll be doing Jingle Bells with my 5th graders at the Christmas Sing-along on December 16.  I started yesterday with my Powerpoint, but many students were absent.  Today we caught them up to speed and finished the verse!
They're getting pretty good.  My throat is raw and voice is going by the end of their class because of the yell-singing, but it's going to be worth it!  I can't wait to get that on video.  I'm thinking of handing out both cameras on that day and having Hernán and who knows who else capture as much as possible.
*On another note, I'm also considering giving Hernán my camera one day to just follow me around and snap some action shots and video.  That may come after Christmas.
At one point in 5th grade, they were crazy singing, shouting, laughing, talking.  I couldn't get them to calm down.  Arcelia and I just rolled our eyes at each other.  "It only gets worse as each day gets closer to Christmas," she reminded me.  "It's universal," I explained, and we carried on.

No comments: