Sunday, June 14, 2009

Yoga

On Tuesday, I was thinking about how I only had three yoga classes left: Thursday, Monday and Tuesday.  Cristina was going to close on June 20 for the summer/for good.  On Monday, I had heard two gringas talking, but by the time I could jump into the conversation, we were already in the room.  While they continued their conversation (very loudly I might add), I am not accustomed to speaking once in the room.  We're (they're) pretty serious in Nashville.  I suppose part of that is cultural, too- in the same way you'll never (NEVER) have a silent classroom in Mexico.
Anyway, on Tuesday while we were waiting to go in, I said, "So where are y'all from?"  We had a less than three minute conversation because again it was time to go in.  They're both in the symphony.  Nohemi has been here for six years and Erin and her husband for 8.  Both of her children are dual citizens because they were born here.  Pretty cool.  
After class, I was talking with Nohemi again and said, "See you Thursday," and she said no because they had a performance that night.  When I told her I wanted to come, she said I could make it to yoga and still get there for the second half, which would be the better half.  Perfect.
In other yoga news, I'm slowly getting back to the American version of myself.  My red planner (you know the one) has emerged from its 9 months of storage and has lots of things in it already, post- July 25.  One of those things is a yoga training.  I'm going to get certified to teach!  I guess it only makes sense after five years of regular practice.  It'll take 24 hours from Friday through Sunday once a month for about five months.  But then I'll be official!  I'm really looking forward to it.  The time commitment is pretty huge, but I think the payoff will be bigger.
That starts the end of August.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

A visit scheduled to come to Bham should be in the planner :)