Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Carrot cake

I wish I had taken a picture.  As I was getting ready to leave school on Monday, Maribel called asking where I was.  She needed to pick me up to go to Rocio's office to watch the video.  I rode the bus from Guille's house to the English office and off we went.  The video is awesome.  Of course, they didn't follow through with the editing, so I'm shown in the button up polo and a DRESS.  But it's a great video.  I hate listening to my own voice and seeing myself on camera, so it's not about that.  It's mostly that my kids are featured often and it's sweet to see them with a  voiceover (aka not screaming).  It's great quality and I can't wait to show it to any of you that want to see it.
As I was getting ready to leave, Rocio went on and on about how great I was.  She explained to the state coordinators that I was so brave to come here even when it seemed conditions might be dangerous.  She told them that she had gotten to know me well through yoga and had a strong affection for me and was really sad to see me go.  But also that as a mother, she understood the need for me to get back to my family.  She gave me a carrot cake that was homemade by a lady in Culiacán and let me tell you it was delicious.  I knew I could go crazy with it (and almost did), so I cut a piece for Mamá, Maribel and Ana Luisa, and I took the rest to school.  The teachers and I did a lot of damage to it.  I would never in my life request carrot cake, but it was divine.  I could've eaten the whole thing I think!

No comments: