Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My mind

...is going nuts right about now.  

About a month ago, Megan let me know that the Spanish program at Lockeland was in danger.  A presentation team from Lockeland had a meeting with our new superintendent (or at least representatives) and our principal was advised to advocate our program through this presentation.  Everyone involved was overwhelmingly impressed with how well it had gone.  We still have no answers.  We weren't even on the displaced teachers list until last week.  There's a hiring freeze so that displaced teachers can be placed first.  

Every day it seems there's some new option or thought.

I'm already going to be taking the GRE when I get back as well as the Oral Proficiency Test and the Writing Proficiency Exam for Spanish with the potential of another masters program starting summer 2010.  I also am going to take three PRAXIS exams to get elementary certified so I can go to an International Schools job fair in February.  There, I could sign a two year contract in one of about 30 different countries.  I also would like to get certified to teach elementary for a chance at the Spanish Immersion school in Nashville.  That's always been on the back burner in my mind.  My coordinator has told me that she's passed my name off to a local high school.  It's two years old and not far from my house.  I loved student teaching in a high school, so I'm sure I could get back into it.

I was born to be a teacher.  My five years of teaching (including this pretend year of teaching) have only reaffirmed that.  There's nothing else I should do with my life.  No way.  No how.  

That said, I think I could be happy teaching anything, anywhere.  We'll see what shapes up!  I just hope my next adventure is one where I will be able to use my talents for the betterment of my students.  And I hope it's an experience that causes me to grow in ways I haven't so far.

No comments: