Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thursday

So Thursday, there was a tourism event at 10 that Alma wanted to go to to support Johana.  I, as any good vaga, was down for whatever.  My only problem was that I needed to get my grade cards that Alma had printed for me (all 200) stamped at the English office (would take at least 30 minutes, plus 15 in bus to get there) and also get them to my school before it closed at whatever hour they decided.  Thursday was actually a testing day, so I figured they might dismiss at 11.  I was crossing my fingers no.
So I got up at 8, was at the office by 9, and had all stamped by 9:45.  I just waited there for Alma to pick me up.  When she picked me up, she surprised me because she had come from work, not home.  Since she works until 7 at night, she doesn't go in to her morning jobs until 10 usually.  Well, she had gone in at 9 on Thursday and told me they had so much work to do that she was going to give me the car to go to the event.  She drove me to it so I could see where it was.  I could tell parking was going to be a problem.  Diana and Karina were going to be there, so I wouldn't be alone.  I dropped her off at Centro de Idiomas and she told me to come back at 1.  If I wanted to go to the mall or do whatever, to do it and just come back for her when I was finished.
I decided then that I should go straight to my school to guarantee they would be there.  Check.  The kids were at recreo and screamed when they saw me, begging me to teach them.  None of the teachers were there.  Teachers from other schools were administering the test.  I left the grade cards and made my way back to the other side of town.  I circled the building about 15 times and there was no parking, so I left.  I decided to go on the search for a raspado.  I found it.  I realized at home for about an hour and then went to pick up Alma.
The afternoon consisted of computer stuff, laundry, and yoga.  After yoga, Alma and I were going to go hear Diana one more time before I go (since I'll be traveling this week and next week she'll be getting ready to leave).  We went to a place called Las Ventanas where Diana plays every Thursday night.  Also on Thursday nights, about 50 motorcyclists gather in the park in front of las Ventanas and get served there.  It was a funny site to see.  I meant to get a picture of them, but it left me as we were leaving.
Diana was funny because I had asked if she'd be singing Michael Jackson songs and she said they didn't know any, but that by the end of the weekend, they would have put some together.  Then, she didn't have any of the five songs I requested.  I was willing to deal, not too disappointed, but I think she was pretty let down that she couldn't sing anything from my list.
Below, you see Alma and me with Manuel, Diana's boyfriend.  I took some pictures with my camera, but have yet to upload them to my computer.  This picture is one from the internet that was taken by a business.

1 comment:

Mom said...

And another cute dress!