Friday, June 5, 2009

Wednesday w/ Tania, w/ Mayra, and w/o Alma

Wednesday was a regular teaching day.  I got home and lunched before working out.  Tania and I had made plans on Monday to do something on Wednesday.  At this mall that's relatively close to my house, movies are two for one on Wednesdays.  After I got showered and she got home from work, she picked me up.  It was a little after 6.  We got to the mall, but there were only four movies.  The only one neither of us hadn't seen (that also wasn't Hannah Montana) was I love you Brother, or something like that.  And we had missed the last show by an hour.
We walked around the mall looking for a café, but it was all sushi or ice cream.  We decided to go to this little café that was a 30 second drive away (have I mentioned yet that Tania's car doesn't have air conditioning?!) that we'd been to before.  We caught up on all our gossip and events of the past six weeks to two months (since that's how long it had been since we'd seen each other).  My face hurt by the time she dropped me back off at home.  I had laughed and laughed so much.  She's such a hoot and keeps me in stitches.  I still didn't do a good job taking pictures.  I really need to make sure and get pictures of the things and people that mean something to me since time is no longer on my side.
While I was with Tania (as we were getting ready to leave, actually), Alma called.  She had sent me a text but I hadn't heard it.  She told me that Mayra had called and wanted to go to Jair's house.  He was leaving Thursday for a few weeks in Tijuana for work.  Alma had backed out since she would be driving to and from Mazatlán the next day.  I called her on her bluff, though and asked her if that was the only reason she wasn't going.  She said no, that Lenin had called.  Again.  There was drama, but she would fill me in on the ride to Mazatlán.  She had told Mayra to come pick me up anyway.
At 9:30, Mayra texted me asking me if I'd like to go.  I said yes, since some of these people I hadn't seen since Manzanillo (spring break).  
We pulled up and Lenin and his car were the first things we saw.  We both knew he'd be there.  It was weird, but not at the same time.  I felt very strange being there since Alma wasn't.  I sat with Liliana and we caught up.  Love that girl.  She and Rocio and I chit chatted for a bit until the quesadillas and tacos were ready.  I had just had a HUGE brownie, so I refrained from a 10pm Mexican delicacy.
We hung for an hour or two.  Quinantzin popped by for a minute, even though this wasn't her crowd since she'd be leaving the next day for a long weekend in León, too.
I got in bed around midnight.  Thankfully I didn't have to work on Thursday.  Welcome home, Shania!

No comments: