Sunday, June 14, 2009

English Office

On Friday, I had made plans with Maribel to give her the educational materials that I bought with the Fulbright money.  We got $500 to buy supplies for our school/exchange partner.  Since I was not in Yuri's school, we all decided the materials would go to Yuri in whatever school she goes to next year.  Considering she's not coming back, that may pose a challenge, but that's not my problem.  They'll figure out what to do.
Since I was going to be at the office with her anyway, I asked if I could buy lunch for everyone.  I owed them a thank you.  All week we went back and forth debating what to eat and how much it would cost.  To me, the price didn't matter.  They have all done so much, even in just making me feel welcome in the office whenever I wanted.  We ended up with sushi, and to feed the whole office (7 people plus me) it came to 450 pesos plus drinks.  Less than 50 bucks.  Probably I should do it again!  I also bought a cake at Dairy Queen.  It was snickers and it was delicious!  Since there was no freezer at the office and since it was a miserably hot day (more on that in another post), we had to finish it!  No problem!
It was a great time had by all.  I of course took zero pictures, but someone had a camera and will pass along the shots at some point.
Since it was so miserably hot, Maribel took me home.  Her girls begged and begged for me to go home with them, but I thought I had plans with Shania to go to Altata (she had asked me the night before if I wanted to go Friday afternoon and night).  That ended up falling through.  Atany rate, Maribel took me home.  I was stuffed...

No comments: