Sunday, June 14, 2009

Mother's Day

If you'll recall, Mothers' Day was in May.  Well, the schools in Mexico must celebrate.  Since the flu didn't let us celebrate in May, we decided to celebrate in June (on Tuesaday).  Public schools basically just look for a reason to not have classes.
Since it would be a completely wasted day for me, I didn't go to school.
I stopped by the English office to give Maribel her dollars back (Walmart sent me an email saying the Nintendo DS order had been cancelled- it didn't give me a reason) and to say hello.  From there I went to Forum to buy a few things and to get my sushi fix.  I also paid my TelCel bill for my internet.  I realized as I was eating (reflection if you will) all the things I would want to eat on my future visits to Culiacán.  Sure, my mind thinks of things I'll need/want to do when I get back to Nashville, but my food mind thinks only of the things I'll need to eat once back in Culiacán.  I cannot begin to explain how much better food is here than anywhere in the world...

No comments: