Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oh, Sunday.  After such a late night, I assumed I would sleep late late Sunday.  Guess again.  I was awake around 8:30 and up for the day by 9.  Yuck!  I got a text from Quinantzin at ten saying "Wake up everyone!  Let's go to the beach!"  I texted her back saying I'd been up for hours and was game.  Apparently no one else was.  Alma slept all day and Mayra had some sort of commitment.  Iván had to work.  Not sure who all else got the text.
Quinantzin told me to plan for 1.  I was ready long before of course.  At 1:30, she said Elvira (Alma's and her boss) would be at my house in about 20.  I waited in my air conditioned room.  Still no peep from Alma.
When Elvira picked me up, she had her 7 year old son with her.  I didn't even know she had children!  We drove to Quinantzin's house and within that ten minute time frame, I knew I would be super annoyed with the kid.  
Elvira has a two door car and Quinantzin has super long legs, so I sat in the back.  The air conditioner on full blast did not reach back that far and by the time we got to Altata (an hour later), I was drenched.  I was also super annoyed.  I kept thinking how much more patience I would have had with Turner.  
We stopped at an Oxxo to hydrate about three minutes before the pool.  You can't take anything into the club since they have a restaurant there.  So we literally chugged.
We got there and it was PACKED.  This is the same pool/beach I went to with Mabel and Marisela at the beginning of my time here.  However, back then it was practically empty.  I think it was a Saturday.  Sunday is Mexico's version of Saturday I think.  There was barely even a place to sit down! 
Jorge Abel went to swim and we sat to order lunch.  Our poor waiter was over worked and not very good.  I got ceviche and a fresada which should've been somewhat like a strawberry smoothie.  Instead it was strawberry Quick and ice.  Bleh.  The food was decent, but the wait was long.  And it was miserably hot.  We got in the pool around 4.
Quinantzin, me, Elvira

The water was pretty warm, which doesn't do a lot for cooling you off.  We left around 7 and I got to my house around 8:30.  On the ride back, still just as hot, Jorge Abel fell asleep with his head on my lap.  Making me hotter of course.  Oh well.
It was a fine day, but would've been better spent taking a nap I think.

No comments: