Monday, June 1, 2009

Sunday night post

Alma slept almost all day Sunday.  Since she works on Saturdays, she doesn't get to sleep in like I do to recoup.  Then she parties on Saturday nights and is tired.  She went to mass at 7 and when she got back, I was downstairs munching on a bean sandwich.  We caught up with our chit chat.  Suddenly Mayra was at the door asking me where my cell was.  She had called because she and Quinantzin wanted to go eat dinner and she was going to pick us up first.  It turns out that Johana and Ocyé wanted to borrow my camera for a tourism event on Sunday and were coming by to pick up the camera.  Alma was going to wait for them and we'd come pick her up on our way to eat.
As we were picking up Quinantzin, Alma texted me saying she wasn't going to go eat.  I asked if everything was okay and she assured me that yes, but that Johana and Ocyé were still there.
Quinantzin was not satisfied with that, so she called Alma.  When she told her we were going to eat sushi, she wanted back in.
We got back to the house and Johana and Ocyé were still there.  We told them to come with us, but they declined.  Somehow in conversation, I was able to bring it up that I needed some magic worked for my too many suitcases (2) to Cozumel (10 bucks per pound) before heading home.  Johana knows someone that works for Aeromexico, so hopefully that will all work out peacefully.  I will be reminding her pretty much weekly until the time comes.  The last thing I want to do in Culiacán is pay 500 bucks for stupid luggage!
So we left and headed to Sushi Factory and as we pulled in, Alma asked who had chosen this specific sushi.  She likes Emporio, which is near our house, but it's awful!  We kept walking, laughing, etc.  She texted me saying Karla and Graciela were in there- that she had seen them from the parking lot.  We exchanged a few texts.  As I went to the bathroom, I crossed paths with Chapo who was just getting there.  Let the drama begin.  I was just waiting for Lenin to walk in.  But he didn't.
We had a great time and Johana and Ocyé ended up joining us (I think Alma put out an emergency call).  Johana tells these really corny jokes and thinks it's funny that I think they're so corny.  So I told a joke in English and Johana commented, "It's funnier with motions, Laura."  Her jokes always have animal faces or some sort of gesture.  The funny part is watching her get a kick out of herself.
I re-told my joke and did gestures (that didn't fit the joke) and everyone died laughing.  It was hilarious.
We had a good time and by the time we headed home, Karla, Chapo and Graciela had left without my noticing.

No comments: