Monday, June 15, 2009

Ay Shania....

Full of sushi and ice cream cake, I got dropped off by Maribel with just enough time to shower and throw some things in a bag.  But I didn't even know what to throw in a bag.  As I've explained before, going to the beach with Mexicans is not like going to the beach with me...
When I hadn't heard form cell-phone-less Shania and hadn't heard from her, I hunted her down through her sister at home.  She was with Vicky, whose number I had.  Turns out the party got cancelled.  I wonder when she planned on telling me!
Oh, Mexico.  How quickly she reinserted herself into her culture!
So I took matters into my own hands and searched around for plans.  But it took too long and the possible movie night folded.  So Alma and I went with the girls (Johana, Karina and Ocyé) to a café called marimba.  I got a mango granizado which is like an icee (not like a raspado) with fresh mango.  They had them in Spain and I looooved them.  This one was a little too liquid for my taste.  Oh, well.
We spent the next three hours talking boys, break ups, and PISI (the Saturday Centro de Idiomas for kids).  By midnight, my head was dropping!  My eyelids were drooping!  I was not having fun...  Not to mention it was so hot outside that we sat inside.  I'm never one to complain about cold air conditioning, but three hours in it with a frozen beverage is a bit much....

No comments: