Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Saturday

I mean, I must've been super-tired.  I slept until 1:30!  I got up a couple of times, but I was sleeping hard until 1!  I love when that happens because it is so out of character for me.
Saturday was another day of almost plans.  Hernán (the former custodian) was getting married, and while I had hoped to see the wedding in the church (I still hadn't seen one), I wanted to hang out with my friends after.  Alma had said a friend of hers had offered to take us to the dunes to jeepear.  Basically drive around in jeeps I think.  It was also Iván(Rocío's boyfriend)'s birthday party.  
Around 3, Alma called to let me know that the jeeping was cancelled.  She had had to teach both sessions at PISI instead of do administration since some teachers had not shown.  At that point, I texted Sandra to see if she could pick me up for the wedding.  I never heard back from her.  I figure I'll be invited to many Culiacán weddings (Renato and Lili, Iván and Rocío, Karla and Chapo, Alma and Whoever, Iván and whoever), so I'll get to see a wedding someday.  Surely I'll make it to one...
Rocío and I had been chatting on facebook and she told me that Iván's party would be at 9 at his house.  He lives way out and I had no hopes of bussing it.  I texted Mayrita to see if she was planning on going.  Nope.  She had to babysit.  I texted Alma, assuming she wouldn't want to go with the great possibility of Lenin's presence.  I was right.  I was about to give up and go dancing with her and the other three girls, but I wasn't feeling it and really wanted to hang out with my Manzanillo friends.  So I texted Liliana.  To the rescue!  She told me to be ready at 9:30 because Renato is punctual.  I responded with "No problem; I am too," instead of, "You're talking to a gringa here; I'll be ready!"
I went about my Saturday things and got ready.

No comments: