Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Florentinas

About two months ago, there was nothing sweet in the house that suited me, but it was too hot and I wasn't in the mood to walk to the Oxxo.  I found some cookies that would never tempt me in the states.  They are the kind that are right up Jack's alley.  They're a sandwich cookie with a fruit filling.  Almost jelly-like.  The sandwich part of the cookie, though, is high quality.
I didn't dislike these cookies.  I would never choose them over chocolate, but I didn't eat just one that day.
When I was coming back from the gym this week, I stopped at the Oxxo for a cold water and saw these cookies again.  Only this time, it wasn't strawberry filling.  It was caramel.
I have found my new Mexican Achilles heel.  Wow!  Since I'll be charged $10 US for every pound over 50 in my suitcases from here to Cozumel, I will not be bringing any of these treasures back.  However, if they sell them in Cozumel, I'll pick up as many as I can (I'll pay a flat fee for the second suitcase) to share with those I love once I'm back (but ask quickly because they'll go fast!).

No comments: