Friday, January 9, 2009

Your turn...

You tell the story this time.
I got to school, and...?
Yeah, you guessed it.
I was prepared for our early dismissal.  There are two January birthdays: Geno (on materinity leave, special ed teacher) and Martha (1st grade sweeties).  Anabel was not in the mood to buy and fix the food for our lunch, so we were going to dismiss at 10:30 to go to a restaurant...
Wow.
Maribel (enlace) had emailed me saying she would come visit this morning in response to my email saying that we were dismissing early and if she were planning on coming that she needed to do it before recess.
I got to school early again and she was already there.  It was great to see her!  She and Sandra (who was wearing her new bracelet from me) were chatting.  I sat and chatted for a little while.  Her big news was that we would need to go to the office together at some point next week to get the money for books that had been stolen and Inglés en Primaria had offered to refund.  Then I gave her her Christmas gifts: a Lockeland mug, a Lockeland plastic cup from the storytelling festival, and a bottle of Excedrin migraine (the only things that cures her and she can't get it here).  She jumped up and down and screamed.  Success, I'd say!
She also wanted to email some pictures and copy some to a CD.  All of her pictures were still on her camera, so I told her I could help her.  That led to her asking how she could find a friend from her days as an exchange student in the US.  I showed her www.whitepages.com and we found her friend!  At this point I'm 15 minutes late to my first class, but it's Mexico, right?  I also have noticed two students from that second grade class in the computer lab working independently on computers.  I say goodbye to Maribel and pack up my teaching things.  I get to the room and it's empty.  Rocio called in sick.
Nice.
I go back to the computer room and busied myself with I don't even know what.
At 9:40, time for 3rd grade, I went that way.  As I left the computer room, I asked Sandra if we were still dismissing at 10:30.  She said yes, but that this class would end at 10 so they could have recess (that is to say they could buy food from the vendors).  Yep, I taught less than twenty minutes today.  I've reviewed almost all my classes (not 2nd and not one group of first), so they should be ready for some serious studies next week.  Barring any birthdays, holidays, or faculty meetings!

No comments: