Friday, January 30, 2009

Mazatlán take 2

Last night, I got a phone call from an English teacher that I had met at my meeting on Thursday, but couldn't place in my mind.  She was going to Mazatlán Saturday with some friends, did I want to go?  Sure!  I have no Saturday plans besides the typical laundry.  That could wait.  She said they'd be coming back on Sunday.  Hmmm.  Had to think about that one.  I have a superbowl party that I've promised to attend.  I asked her to get details on the departure time and get back to me.  Later in the evening, I realized that I could just ride a bus back.  We'd be riding down there in cars and staying at a friend's house, so it was going to be a cheap weekend.  There is no school on Monday (I can't remember the holiday), so many people are taking advantage of the puente (literally bridge, but used as long weekend) and traveling.  I texted her today to say that I really wanted to go and if they were coming back too late not to worry, I could just take a bus.
Done deal.
She called me later with details.  We will leave at 9 am tomorrow (I'm meeting her downtown at 8:30) and they will take me to the bus station on Sunday.  The superbowl coverage starts at 4 our time, so even if I leave Maz at 2 and take the 2 hours to get back, ride the bus to my house and get cleaned up, I will still likely be one of the first to arrive.
But I've been promised good food.  I'll be there with bells on.
**On a side note, I was thinking of being the American and taking some puppy chow, but with minute to minute action until I arrive at the party, I'm thinking it's not going to happen.  Also, as realized in Cozumel, chocolate chips are hard to come by in Mexico (and I think powdered sugar, too).

No comments: