Saturday, January 24, 2009

My iPod



This morning, we trekked over to Papá's empty house with my overflowing basket of laundry.  Mabel did laundry in passing last week between her teacher training and picking up Cosette, so I missed out.  I have been to yoga five times and that makes for some VERY dirty laundry.  I also wanted to wash my sheets.
We get there, put my load in, and wait.  This is our typical Saturday routine.  Sometimes I have a book.  Other times, like today, I don't.  I pulled out my iPod and started flipping through songs I have yet to listen to.  While I was listening to The Bangles, Cosette came running over and asked, "Tía, you have one of those?"  She enjoyed some Eternal Flame, Beyoncé, Criss Cross, TI, and Dixie Chicks with me.  I needed to get up and check the laundry, so I taught her how to manipulate it.  She listened and played for a long time, considering my clothes had washing detergent powder all over them after the rinse (probably from having a too-full washer) and needed a second rinse.  The picture I took of the two of us shows her (sometimes annoying) super-star/ham personality, while the one I snuck of her on the porch shows her sweet side.

No comments: