Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes We Can

Benjamin Franklin Library in Mexico City, November 2008

Sitting in my pajamas from 8:30 am mountain time until about 1, I was entranced in the online coverage of the inauguration.  Being away brings so much more significance to these events for me.  That, combined with the fact that I knew what I was talking about this go round.  I was so emotional and proud of our country and filled with hope.  I was glued to my tiny computer screen.  I decided at 1 that I would venture out to the mall for some Inauguration Day shopping (what better way to celebrate?!) and lunch.  I found lots of things at Zara, as usual.  I was bummed to find some of the things I bought before Christmas seriously marked down.  After my shopping spree, I got some sushi, and cuddled up (can you cuddle up in a mall- well, the teenagers can, but bear with me) with my raw salmon (YUM!), soy sauce, coca light, iPod and Blink.  I spent about 3 hours at the mall, sporting my Obama shirt of course.  It was a great day to take off from school.  It's going to take time; how much?  Who knows.  But this I do know:
Yes.
We.
Can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT ENTRY!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, MOM

Jenna said...

I too enjoyed the inauguration coverage and seriously watched it all day. I enjoyed telling Luke all about what a special day it was - I had lots of teary moments that day for sure!! Glad you got to see it too :)