Thursday, April 2, 2009

Projectile

I always find it funny when people describe vomiting as projectile- as if there's any other way to vomit!
Well, I experienced an almost identical bout with this horrible bodily function that Mom did while we were in Mazatlán.  Tania had called me on Tuesday to see if I could go with her to her school's English Production called Camp Rock (I think it has something to do with the Jonas Brothers and Disney).  I said maybe, but we'd have to work out how to get me there because I had my Spanish class from 5-6, and she had to be there at 5.
On Wednesday, though, my Spanish teacher texted and said she had to leave for a family emergency and that we wouldn't be having classes until after Spring Break.  Awesome!  So I texted Tania.
At the stroke of 5 she called, offering to meet me somewhere to drive us to her school.  Her school is a private elementary and they have 9 English teachers.  I'm going to go observe sometime.  Anyway, the production was fun (even if it was entirely too long), and afterward, we were hungry, so we went to Super Salads.  I had eaten there once before and had found that non-limp lettuce did in fact exist in Mexico!  I ordered my salad and snarfed it up!
We chatted and caught up (it had been almost 5 weeks since we'd seen each other) and then she took me home.
By 11:30, when I was tossing and turning in bed, I knew it would be a long night.  And I knew my companion would be the toilet.  I threw up every hour from 12:30-3:30 or 4:30.  At 2:30, Mamá Alma was out ironing (I guess she had a case of insomnia) and asked me what she could do to help.  I told her I'd love a Sprite when she got back from mass in the morning.  
This morning was a 6th grade certification event that I was supposed to attend, but considering I'd gotten less than 3 hours of sleep and had used every muscle in my body to expel large quantities of food, I texted Maribel and told her I wouldn't be able to make it.  She said to rest up and she'd call later.
She did, offering to take me to the doctor.  Going to a doctor in Mexico is just last on my list.  It's pretty low on my list in TN, and I love Dr. Tom.   I told her no thanks, that I was better and just needed a little more rest.  
I rested up all I could.  I'm still pretty weak (and really bummed that I didn't get to go to yoga tonight since it'll be three weeks before I'm back), but I'm going to attempt to make it to school tomorrow.  Seeing as it's the last day before spring break...
Tomorrow night is Liliana's brother's wedding.  It starts at 9pm, which means we won't get home until well after 4 I'm guessing.  Here's hoping I can make it!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am sending feel better vibes to you. ugh. Sorry.