Sunday, April 5, 2009

Changing Themes

It was pointed out to me that "Projectile" is not the most welcoming greeting when visiting my page, so here's a new entry.  Nothing really has happened to justify one, but when my public speaks, I listen!
I did end up feeling much better on Friday.  All that feeling good was wasted, though.  I got to school with Guile at 8 and busied myself on my laptop until my class at 8:50.  I had noticed that the PE teacher was entertaining three grades at once.  He often works with two at a time (so he can work less I think), but never three.  At 8:50, I made my way outside to motion to him that I needed second grade.  Of course, he acted like he couldn't translate what I meant by holding up two fingers and made his way over to greet me.  A little too close to my mouth these days.  Bleh!  I mosey to their classroom with them only to find that no one (not one person) has brought a book.  Why would they?  It's the last day of school before spring break which means no work, right?  Right.  I send them back to PE and get back online.  If only my school system knew what they were paying me for!
Instead of recreo at 10:30, the bell rang at 10 for the homecoming court for lack of a better description.  The kids try to raise money for the representatives from their class.  The representative from the class that has the most money wins a cash prize.  By 10:15 it was over and they all got to go home.  They weren't even required to stay for the recreo food purchase.  What a special day.
Teachers had a fish plate prepared by Sandra.  I sat out, enjoying instead my saltines.  As Guille took me home, I told her that I couldn't believe it was already vacation time.  She said to get ready because the end of the year just flies (seems to drag in the US!).  When we get back, we'll celebrate the Day of the Child, Mother's Day, Teacher's Day, a five-day weekend for Cinco de mayo, and in June there are hardly ever classes because the sixth graders have to prepare some song and dance (shocker).
Wow.  So my school year is almost over.  Too bad I'm in unit four of 9 with some of my classes.  Oops!
Friday night I still wasn't feeling 100%, so when Alma called saying she and Lenin had plans other than the wedding, I politely declined and went to dinner with Tania and Pati.  I wasn't going to eat anything, but I was really hungry.  I ordered a rice bowl (white rice and tampico on top).  It was too much and I ate it all, so that wasn't good on a shrunken stomach, but in the end it went down (and didn't come back up!).
Saturday was laid back as usual, as I was in the house alone.  Having gone to bed early on Friday night, I couldn't sleep in on Saturday.  I did laundry and started packing my suitcases for Manzanillo/DF/KY 2009.  It's not easy to pack for three such totally different places and occasions, but I am hoping for the best.
Last night, we went to Wings Army with the PISI (Saturday English classes at Centro de Idiomas) girls and called it a night around midnight.  Lenin was working and Alma was tired, so it's been a really low key weekend.  That's good considering my next two weeks are going to be whirlwind!
I'll have my laptop, so you'll be kept up to date on all the adventures!
Bon Voyage!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!! :) MOM

Andrea said...

Blog is up about the new pup... by the way...why are we not on your list of blogs you follow? I'm hurt! love you!