Saturday, April 25, 2009

Out n About

After our day at the beach, we quickly celebrated Karla's 23rd birthday with cake.  I took most of the pictures with her camera, so I'm not in any (and I know you're reading this because you care about me and not about Karla, so I've only posted the one).  Her cake was tres leches which is just about the richest cake you can eat.  It's absolutely delicious.  It's very different because it's "wet" since it's made with three different milks.  But man will I miss that!  Apparently the best tres leches cakes are from Culiacán.  I certainly believe them now when they say they have the best food!
Liliana was feeling sick (as a matter of fact, on our ride back in the back of the truck, I often put my towel over my head in fear of... projectile), so she stayed at the house and slowly got ready.  The rest of us went to explore this whole area of Manzanillo called las Hadas (I think).  Apparently some playboy something or other was filmed there.  It's a huge area of hotel/beach/apartments, etc, and it's all white.  It was very cool.
As usual, we took the cooler and the guys drank while we stood on the sidewalk, enjoying the ocean and scenery.
On the way back, Chapo pulled out his cell phone for some music and what did he play?  None other than my boy Will Smith.  "Gettin' Juggy Wit' It" in Mexico is not the same since I'm for certain the only one singing all the words, but I did love it (and I did sing every word)!
On the drive back, we (they) decided we (they) were hungry, so we stopped at a famous taco place.  After I passed on food, I regretted my decision.  These tacos looked absolutely amazing.  I could understand the popularity of the place!
We got a quesadilla to go for Liliana and headed back to the house to get ready to go out...

No comments: