Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Beach- more or less

We got back to the house and it was evening.  We had a cooler full of beer and they got to drinking.  It was still warm outside, so I stayed inside, read some, and chatted a bit.  I joined them as it got darker.  We decided to walk to the beach (a three minute walk from the house) that was the "neighborhood beach" as opposed to the tourist beach we had seen earlier in the day.
We walked the length of the sidewalk and stopped, at the sidewalk, looking at the beach from above.  We sat there for about an hour.  I could listen to waves forever and ever.  Especially at night when it doesn't require a sweaty body.
we made our way back to the house and Hector (Adriana's man) was there.  They were really cute catching up on their days.
I was tired enough (from being sick and then flying early am) to go straight to bed at 10, but we stayed and chatted with them.
Lots of gossip was had about the family and the wedding from the weekend.  It was all very interesting and funny.  Liliana called some cousins and they came over, too.  We didn't make it to bed until about 2am.
As we were making our way upstairs, Liliana told us the sleeping arrangements.  Renato and Jair were in Haley(Adriana's daughter)'s bedroom.  Lili, Nadia, and I were in Adriana's room with her.  Adriana has a king size bed in the main bedroom and then a single bed in the other half of her room (I wish I had taken some pictures- sorry).  Since Adriana is already asleep, Lili tells me I will be in the king bed.  Normally this would excite me.  However, knowing that I'm in Mexico, and that personal space is defined very differently here, I realize I'm going to be in  king size bed with two other people.  I have done that before (with four even), but usually I sacrifice myself and take the middle.  I don't get a wink of sleep.
That'll teach me to be selfish.  As I'm washing my face, I see Liliana crawl into the single bed with Nadia.  "Liliana!  Get over here in this bed!"
"No, I'm fine here.  You sleep with my aunt."
"You are crazy!  Get over here!"
I didn't convince her.
I had and incredible night's sleep!

No comments: